To promote creativity in Red Wing, celebrate artists and art, and get people out exploring, artists hide art out & about for anyone to find on Fridays.
Here’s how it works:
- Creative people make a small piece of art – anything from a screen print to a sculpture to a granny square to a photograph to a mix tape(!).
- They affix a label or tag with information about FAF and the artist. Free tags (and bags!) can be found outside by the front door at ArtReach.
- Then they place their art somewhere semi-hidden in Red Wing, taking care not to damage property or make the art too hard to snag.
- The artist posts a photo clue of the hidden art to the FAFRW Facebook group. Not too much is divulged in the pic – after all, it’s a treasure hunt!
- Anyone who finds it is free to take the artwork home. We just ask that they post a photo to the FAFRW Facebook group to let the artist and other FAF hunters know that the art has been found at facebook.com/groups/FAFRW/. We ask that you only take one piece each week.
Good luck and happy art hunting!